• Who wrote this site? / Who should I credit in my report/book/article?
Cyn Shepard authored this site. I also fund it, with the help of reader donations
. The site was founded 4-21-1999. You can view the main page
for the most recent date it was updated. If you need more than that, email me the specifics of what you need and why, and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
• Do you know where Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold are buried?
No. I've heard rumors that one or both were cremated to prevent grave tampering but I can't confirm this.
• Can you put my in contact with... (the victims, the shooters' families, the victims' families, etc.)?
You can find links to some of their personal websites within this site but that's about the best I can do.
• Can I quote your website?
With proper credit, sure. Knock yourself out.
• What are your sources?
You can find a nearly complete listing of my resources here
• Do you have/want copies of the pictures of Eric and Dylan in the library?
Yes, I have copies. I don't need any more, thanks.
• Could you send me a copy of (whatever) through email/MSN/yahoo/etc.?
No. I don't have time to send files to everyone who asks, unfortunately. I wouldn't want to send files to the last guy and not you (or to you and not the next guy) so to be fair, I don't do it in general. If you want access to files in my archive that aren't on the website, check out my CD
• Where can I find..?
This site is layered -- your best bet for finding what you're looking for is either in the sitemap
or by using the search tool over there to the left. There's 15 years of info stored on this website - locating and looking at it all can take a LOT of time.
• Can I use photographs from your website for my school report/documentary/news production/etc.
Yes, you can, provided your work is NOT for profit. As far as I'm aware, everything here is public domain except for the few graphics I've created to make the site distinctive -- please don't use those. Feel free to use whatever else you need. Please right-click and save the images to your computer as I've disabled hot-linking (directly linking to my images from your server/webpage).
• Do you have a bigger/higher-resolution copy of (whatever) image?
WYSIWYG. If the image appears on this page, while it may be thumbnailed to preserve bandwidth and speed loading time, the largest, highest-quality size of the image will be linked to it; that's the best I have.
• What's your motivation for making/maintaining this website?
You can find my best answer to that here
• Do you think I'm weird because I find this subject interesting?
Considering I've maintained this site since 1999, I may not be the best person to ask that. But I wouldn't devote my personal time to it if I thought it was weird to research. If you're feeling isolated and unusual for your interest, you should know that I had to give up on Hit Counters for the site because the traffic kept breaking them. This site averages about 25,000 to 30,000 unique visitors a month. In April, the number is double that. You're definitely not alone.
• I have some questions about the shootings/your site/etc. Do you mind if I ask?
Not at all; ask away. The only sorts of questions I don't like are ones that are asked for the sole intention to pick a fight. Intelligent conversation is always welcome. Talking about this subject may not end school violence but it might help stop some of it before it happens.
• Do you have copies of the Basement Tapes, the Rampart Range video, JeffCo fire department training video, etc? Will you make copies for me?
• I do not own copies of the tapes filmed in Eric's basement (known as the Basement Tapes). Those are in Jeffefson County's possession and they've decided not to make them available to the public. I have transcripts and screenshots on this site and that's it. As of this writing, there is no pending release date available for the videos. In 2006 Sheriff Ted Mink said they wouldn't even consider it again for another 20 years.
• I do have Rampart Range, Hitmen for Hire, and some other video footage that I don't have on this site because A) I can link to it online and B) the files are too big to host here. If you want copies, I do put them on the CD-ROM I send out to folks who help support this site.
• I do have hard copies (tapes) of the JeffCo fire dept. tape as well as some news footage and memorial footage. You can find a CD archive of some of the news on the donation page linked above but it's all I've had time to convert from the original format into something that's easy to send through the mail. You can find more media available from Jefferson County listed on the Links page.